Monday, November 12, 2012

Woobang Land!

Today we went to Woobang Land with David's friend Jeremiah. Woobang Land, also known as E-World, is a small amusement park built around Woobang Tower. It's got a few roller coasters, a log flume, some kiddie rides, one of the smallest and saddest zoos I've ever seen, and it is full of Korean people who want to take my children home with them. Seriously. This is what happened before we even got up to the gate to buy our tickets.


A whole flood of Korean students ran up and wanted to hold both of the girls, and then they all wanted to have their pictures taken with our kids, and they kept exclaiming over them all, and as soon as Reagan said "annyeonghaseyo" (hello) they just about went crazy. And it was like that the whole time we were there! People would randomly walk up to the kids and stroke their cheeks, or take the girls by the hand and smile at them. A group of guys came up to Aiden and talked about his blue eyes, and then grinned and started to do the "Gangnam Style" dance, and when Aiden smiled and joined in they just fell over laughing. At one point Aiden said, "I think we're famous in Korea, guys."

Fame aside, the kids had a great time at the park. Lillie went nuts for the log flume, although Aiden (shocker!) wasn't such a fan. David and Jeremiah went on the bumper cars, which are much faster than the ones in the states. Seriously, I'd never let the kids on one of those things! Jeremiah was singling out the weaker drivers in the herd and ramming them as hard as he could while the kids and I laughed hysterically.

I don't have a good camera yet, but thank goodness Jeremiah brought his and got some decent shots, so here are the best from our day at Woobang Land.






7 comments:

  1. I wouldn't be able to do that. I don't like other people touching my kids. You all look great! Miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun time was had by all. Love Lillies minnie ears! The Koreans sound like the Kenyans touching the kids and all. Crazy people. Glad everyone is happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on a horse. Hyaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Glad your children weren't kidnapped. I live in Ulsan and I'm looking to check this place out just for the bungee jumping. Is it possible to get there by train + cab?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm sorry this reply is so late - hope I reach you before your visit. :) It is really easy to reach on the subway. Take Line 2 to the Duryu Station and get out at exit 15. It's about a 5 minute walk from the station. We've also taken taxis, and they haven't had any trouble understanding if we ask for either E-World or Woobang Land - although I think E-World might be more common. Good luck!

      Delete
    2. Also, Herb Hillz has some zip lining and stuff if you're into that kind of thing. :) You can't reach that on the subway, though. You'd need to take a bus, and sadly I can't give directions.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete