Monday, January 19, 2015

Goodbye, South Korea.

We have been back in the US for a little over a week now. It's becoming less weird. I'm a little less overwhelmed every time I enter a Target or Smith's. We went to the mall yesterday, and although it was still very strange, I was really proud of myself because I managed to make it through every single encounter without saying "kamsamnida" one single time. I still bow CONSTANTLY though. Seriously. Literally everyone gets bowed to. It's kind of ridiculous. And I still support my right arm when handing money. And I say "ney" a lot. And use the big giant X of denial instead of just shaking my head or saying no. Korea, you got under my skin.

I decided to use this final blog post to show pictures of some of our favorite people. There are even more fantastic people that we met that we don't have photos of, and that makes me sad.  I won't be updating this blog anymore, but I'll probably start a new one when we get down to Arizona. I'll try to remember to update my homeschooling blog more often, too!



Oh, Mr. Hwang! "Our" taxi driver. He gave the kids gifts. As in actually went shopping for them and had wrapped presents waiting for them in the back of his cab. He was amazing.

Our awesome Korean tutor and friend Yunjeong! Here we are being adorable and showing our aegyo while eating noodles.
I attempted numerous times to enjoy kimchi. It never worked.

Here are two of my best Korean friends, Sue and Eunsoon. I miss them so so much! 

Me, Eunsoon, and Eunsoon's silly son Juho making ridiculous faces. I love that goofy boy.

This is Young Woong. His English name is Peter. I only tutored him for the month of December, but he was so much fun! I wish I could have spent more time with him.



My kids would take turns spending the night at Sue's house every week. Lillie and Reagan snuggled up to her husband before he left for work in the morning. The picture above is Aiden playing on a dragon at a playground near their apartment.


The Stevens'! Oh my gosh, I can't say enough about how much we adore them. They spent so much time at our place that they had their own room. They're in the states now too, and hopefully we'll get to see them again soon.

Jason and his wife MiKyung - how did Aiden avoid photos with you guys?


The kids all made wonderful friends in Daegu. Here's Lillie and Aiden "meditating" in a pagoda with some friends on a trip to Seoul.





I met Anne of Green Gables. She is as amazing in real life as she is in the books.
And everyone should have a friend they can geek out with. 

Yun introduced us to so much of Daegu. Food, music, art, everything. We will miss her so much!



And finally, our church home away from home. This group of people made us feel like we had family right there with us. They were there with a meal or shoulder to cry on even before we knew we needed it. Thank you for everything, Daegu Military Branch.


No comments:

Post a Comment