Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Reagan Finds a Friend, Missionaries Leave, and We Find Horrifying Couple Clothes.

       I think one of our favorite things about Korea is their food. Of course we appreciate some good Korean food like bulgogi, bibimbap, olgigogi, and deokbokki. But there's also something to be said for a plain old Big Mac. The McDonalds here are amazing. The employees seem to be actually interested in working there, the buildings are clean and tidy and well decorated, and the food - it actually looks decent. I mean, a burger can only look so nice when it's coming from a fast food place, but here's how they do a Big Mac.


This is brilliant! Maybe they do this in the states, but I don't think I've ever seen it. All the parts stay in place, and it so much neater and tidier. If you're going to slowly eat yourself to death, it might as well be pleasing to the eye.


Somewhat related to food, we have a hamster now. Its name is Croissant.


I told the kids it was to help them learn some responsibility, but really it's just because I like to play with it. Seriously, Croissant is adorable. So squishable! So pettable! 



Since we moved here, we've become really attached to the missionaries. I'm not sure why, but we haven't really had a big connection to missionaries in our other wards. Somehow in this branch they are just a really big part of our lives. Our kids sit with them in sacrament meeting, we love to feed them, and I really look forward to seeing them. So whenever they leave, it's a huge bummer. Another pair of Sisters just left us, and as usual it was quite a downer.

However, we recently attended a Kids's Day activity on Camp George and we had the opportunity to make another new friend. The kids had all made visors for themselves and on the way home, we passed an adjussi who had evidently made one for himself as well, so I just had to get a shot of him with Reagan. It was even funnier to me because he was just lounging on the grass with a few other men, not actually involved in the festivities at all.


And finally, I'm sure most of you have seen me write about "couple clothes". It's a thing here. Couples wear matching shirts, and when they are apparently really devoted they'll sometimes wear entire matching outfits. Pants, shirts, shoes, backpacks, hats... it's pretty crazy. But dude, this takes it to a whole new level.


I don't think most of us have ever really felt the need to coordinate underclothes with our significant other. At least I haven't. 

Korea! Oh, Korea. I'm going to miss your weirdness so much.





3 comments:

  1. Mark & I have coordinated our underwear for 32 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny, as soon as I wrote that I thought, "Well, actually..." :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete