Monday, December 3, 2012

Big Bang on Soda Cans!

I was going to take the kids to Home Plus this afternoon, but they ended up being super wiggly and whiny so midway through the trip I gave up. I did get some decent photos, though. Here is one I got in the subway. It is a somewhat disturbing vending machine that seems to dispense gas masks.



On the way home we found a new little market close to post called Shin Woo Mart and got more Sunny 10! You may recall I bought a can of this a few weeks ago because it featured a member of Big Bang, my favorite K-Pop group. Well today we found two more of the five members on cans of Sunny 10! Here are T.O.P. (orange can) and G Dragon (yellow can). Also I bought a Crunky bar. These are sort of like Nestle Crunch, but way better.

 
 
This weekend David's friend Julian and his Korean girlfriend Yun took our family out to dinner at a very nice Korean restaurant. I wish I had remembered to get pictures, because it was such a cool place. Each table was contained in its own room, and you left your shoes outside under a little ledge. The room had a low table surrounded by pillows to sit on. The servers brought TONS of food, and the kids were actually pretty good about trying a lot of it. There was a lot of seafood, and some pork, and some stuff that even Yun didn't recognize. For dessert there were pear slices and little cups of the sweetest apple juice I've ever had. It was delicious.
 
We've been to a few different Korean restaurants now, but the kids really like this place:
 
 
Italy & Italy has really yummy pasta and pizzas, and you order in a pretty cool way. Each table has a little pad of paper with a check list. You can choose what kind of pasta you want, what kind of sauce, what sort of garnish, or you can even just mark "whatever" and let the chef surprise you. And the pizzas come in different shapes - circle, heart, or hexagon.

Now that the kids have been exposed to a few different kinds of food, maybe we can move on to Indian. There are a couple of places I would really like to try!

4 comments:

  1. Where is the Italy Italy place? That looks so GOOD and it totally up Nick's Ally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll totally take you when you guys come hang out! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your yarn expedition didn't work out :( But I'm glad you have very cool places to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the masks are put there as a precaution in case of subway fires. There was a really bad one in Daegu a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete