Friday, December 7, 2012

First Snow

It's been getting chilly here, and today we had our first real snow.


The kids have been going nuts with it. Yesterday it was so cold that the roads had frozen in parts of Daegu and the nearby city Waegwan, so they cancelled school even though it was still very clear where we were. Today they had to get up and go, though.
 
After school we went downtown for a bit, and as we were leaving the post I thought I'd take a picture of the World Meridian apartment building, where we lived when we first got here. We were on the 6th floor of this building.
 
 
And here's a shot of the view out of our bedroom window here on Camp George, taken the day we moved in. It's a pretty little pagoda where you can have barbecues and stuff.
 
 
And I will leave you tonight with a picture of me posing "Korean style" with my brand new ridiculously large earmuffs.  
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Chipmunk cheeks are the Korean duck lips? You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you see it all the time here. From what I've been able to ascertain, it's done to make you look young and cutesy, which is highly desirable in Korea. I think the next post will be about how the people here have reacted to my kids, and why.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Koreans BBQ? I'm so far in I'm almost already to Korea. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's their main form of food preparation! In fact, when you go to a real Korean restaurant the table itself is usually used to grill your food. I'll try to get a pic of one for you. :)

      Delete